Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sin Stinks!

I was eating lunch with my wife yesterday at the table and I let our little Yorkie out to do what dogs do when you let them out.  He returned after a whistle or two and we continued eating and playing a card game (which is our lunch tradition) when my wife suddenly exclaimed "something smells like poop".  Well, our cute little Yorkie had not only done his "business" but had proceeded to roll in somebody else's "business".  Can you smell it?  It stinks!  Then you pick him up and it gets on you and then you stink.  Then you wash him and you can seeemingly still smell the stink.  Poop is like sin in so many ways...it certainly stinks and when you get it on you it can effect others and even when it is washed away there is often lasting residual effects. When will we learn to quit rolling in poop(sin).

Psalms 38:1-5 ESV

O Lord , rebuke me not in your anger, nor discipline me in your wrath! For your arrows have sunk into me, and your hand has come down on me. There is no soundness in my flesh because of your indignation; there is no health in my bones because of my sin. For my iniquities have gone over my head; like a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me. My wounds stink and fester because of my foolishness,

No comments:

Post a Comment