Monday, March 11, 2013

I'm Adopted

There are times that those words seem to have a negative connotation, but the reality is there are few things that could be sweeter than to find out you've been adopted....I am!  You mean Don and Rose Hubbard are not your real parents?  Don't jump to any rash conclusions.  Yes biologically my parents are my parents.  Lets suppose they weren't for a moment.  What could that possibly mean? My parents abandoned me, maybe they died thus I became an orphan, a cast-a-way.  But that also means that my adoptive parents, out of all the children in the world, chose me. 
You see I was a spiritual cast-a-way, left on the curb side of a dark alley to die (dead in tresspasses and sin, Ephesians 2:1) without hope.  But then my Daddy (spiritual Father) came along and chose me to be His very own son.  Now I can cry "Abba (daddy)" and He is right there everytime.  My daddy adopted me and chose me out of all the people in the world and made me His very own.  And my inheritance...WOW, you wouldn't believe what my Daddy has for me!

Romans 8:14-17 ESV
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment