Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Rules...My Way

I like to play by my rules.  If I could have just convinced the referee of that in High School I would have not fouled out of so many games. Or the time I put my finger in the chest of the soccer referee in High School, he just didnt appreciate my "point" of view.  And the silly little Higway Patrolman who pulled me over for "speeding" in the church van, after all I am a "man of the cloth".  Hello why cant I just go the speed I need to go? If I could get my wife to understand that....okay that's not going to happen. 

You see we want to establish the rules based on what we think and what we want to do.  We do the same thing with God. 

Romans 10:3
Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.

God is not amused with our attempts to establish the rules we want to play by!  Submit to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment