Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Big God!

"How Big Is God?"

As a pastor from time to time I get asked that daunting question by a sweet little child.  To which I often reply from my Veggie Tales Theology..."God is higher than the boggie man, He's bigger than Godzilla and the monsters on TV..."

Well that is true and He is even bigger because He is transcendent.  Now try defining transcendence to a 3 year old. 

You may find this hard to believe, but God is just as far above an archangel as he is above a caterpillar.....Why? Because both the Archangel and the caterpillar are creatures. And God is an uncreated one who had no beginning, the self-existent one who was never created, but who was simply God, who made all things.  There is a vast gulf, and all but infinite gulf, fix between that which is God and that which is not God between The Great I Am and all created things, from the Archangel down to the tiniest virus that cannot be seen with the naked eye. God made all that and is just as high above one as He is the other. God's uncreated quality of life causes him to be transcendent, to rise High Above All Creatures."  AW TOZER

Yet God, in all His trancendent infiniteness, has chosen to reveal himself to us, and desires to have a personal intimate relationship with us through his son Jesus Christ.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord . For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8‭-‬9

No comments:

Post a Comment