Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fight the Fight

Fight the Fight

Spent an hour or more with Sam Jones yesterday in Glouster, Ohio.  Not only is he a great boxer and coach, he is also a great historian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZY_i7_3dh8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I couldn't help but think of the following passage of Scripture after stepping into the ring with the former boxer, kick boxer and coach/mentor of some of boxings greats.  Buster Douglas was trained by Sam.  At 73 he can still punch and kick!  I held the bag and when he punched lightly  and gave a light roundhouse kick it nearly knocked me over! 

Will you be able to say what Paul said?

2 Timothy 4:7-8 AMP
I have fought the good (worthy, honorable, and noble) fight, I have finished the race, I have kept (firmly held) the faith. [As to what remains] henceforth there is laid up for me the [victor’s] crown of righteousness [for being right with God and doing right], which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me and recompense me on that [great] day--and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved and yearned for and welcomed His appearing (His return).

No comments:

Post a Comment