Thursday, June 6, 2013

Imitate Me?

Am I worthy to be imitated? Not hardly.  Does my my life so imitate Christ that I dare call others to imitate Christ in me, because Christ is such a manifested outgrowth in my life? All to often, Not!

Here is the challenge from Scripture.  Are we capable of the challenge?  No!  But I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

1 Corinthians 11:1 AMP
PATTERN YOURSELVES after me [follow my example], as I imitate and follow Christ (the Messiah).

Ephesians 5:1-2 AMP
THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father]. And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment