Friday, May 24, 2013

Bochim

A sad place to be when we suddenly realize what God has offered and then we just summarily rejected.  Understanding that God has just spoken words we never wanted to hear because of our foolishness we find ourselves in Bochim.  Why is it we find ourselves in Bochim more often than not?  To avoid Bochim we need to obey, just like we tell our children.  Read the text you will understand the meaning of Bochim.

Judges 2:1-5 AMP

NOW THE Angel of the Lord went up from Gilgal to Bochim. And He said, I brought you up from Egypt and have brought you to the land which I swore to give to your fathers, and I said, I will never break My covenant with you; And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; but you shall break down their altars. But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this? So now I say, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare to you. When the Angel of the Lord spoke these words to all the Israelites, the people lifted up their voice and wept. They named that place Bochim (weepers)...

No comments:

Post a Comment