Saturday, March 31, 2018

Why Daddy?

Eloi Eloi Lama Sabachthani.  My God My God Why Have You Forsaken Me. 

I am overwhelmed by the rejection of Christ by humanity, including myself because of my sin.  I am overwhelmed by the fact that God had to turn His back on His Son(in a divine act of "rejection") and pour out the wrath I deserved on Him, so that a sinful, wretched person like me could have salvation.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.  Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:3‭-‬5

No comments:

Post a Comment