Wednesday, January 17, 2018

My Little Light

This Little Light of Mine

Reading in Leviticus 24 today(“Command the children of Israel to bring to you clear oil from beaten olives for the light [of the golden lampstand], to make a lamp burn continually." Leviticus 24:2) and two thoughts came to life.  I went back to my childhood and that little song I will never forget.
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine, shine, shine
Let it shine!
Then I was reminded of Revelation  chapter one that describes the 7 lampstands and Christ standing in the midst.  The Lampstands are not only representative of the church but of us as well.  We are collectively and individually called to be the light of the world.  We are supposed to let our light shine in a dark world.  There is so much hoplessness and darkness in our world.  Let's be sure are lamps are burning brightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment