Tuesday, February 14, 2017

For A Bowl Of Soup

FOR A BOWL OF SOUP
What would you give up for 5 minutes of pleasure? Or maybe what have you already given up for that 5 minutes of pleasure.  The cost can be staggering! I am sure a question that Esau would have loved to have thought through a little more extensively.  For a bowl of soup, he gave up his priestly duties over the family, a double portion of the inheritance and all the honor that went along with being the family leader in the future.
And Esau said to Jacob, "Let me eat some of that red stew, for I am exhausted!" (Therefore his name was called Edom.) Esau said, "I am about to die; of what use is a birthright to me?" Jacob said, "Swear to me now." So he swore to him and sold his birthright to Jacob. Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil stew, and he ate and drank and rose and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright.
Genesis 25:30‭, ‬32‭-‬34

No comments:

Post a Comment