Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Ornaments

Ornament of Grace
Christmas is just around the corner and the concept of ornaments is fresh in our minds.  Ornaments off all shapes and colors adorn trees in homes, malls and public squares.  Ornaments that are new, some antique, some from our childhood or passed on to us from grandma.  Ornaments bought from the store, the yard sale or hand made at home or school.  Some ornaments are sentimental, some tell a story about a specific event and others are just dazzling and sparkling with beauty.  There is an ornament that shouldn't be on the tree but rather on us...the ornament of grace. 
Hear, O sons, the instruction of a father, And give attention that you may gain understanding, For I give you sound teaching; Do not abandon my instruction. When I was a son to my father, Tender and the only son in the sight of my mother, Then he taught me and said to me, "Let your heart hold fast my words; Keep my commandments and live; Acquire wisdom! Acquire understanding! Do not forget nor turn away from the words of my mouth. "Do not forsake her, and she will guard you; Love her, and she will watch over you. "The beginning of wisdom is: Acquire wisdom; And with all your acquiring, get understanding. "Prize her, and she will exalt you; She will honor you if you embrace her. "She will place on your head a(Ornament) garland of grace; She will present you with a crown of beauty."
Proverbs 4:1‭-‬9
How many ornaments of grace are hanging on your tree.  The most dazzling  ornament of grace that should be adorning your tree is the ornament of grace found in salvation, which will then produce the ornament of grace found in sanctification which will ultimately produce the ornament of grace in our glorification. 
May your "tree" be trimmed with dazzling ornaments of grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment