Friday, April 8, 2016

Broken Heart


We have all be brokenhearted at one time or another in our life because of a girlfriend or boyfriend or a spouse or a child or a friend but.....
When was the last time you were brokenhearted over the sinful condition of the nation?
Listen to the broken heart of Ezra.
AFTERWARD, THE officials came to me and said, The Israelites and the priests and Levites have not separated themselves from the peoples of the lands, but have committed the abominations of the Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Jebusites, Ammonites, Moabites, Egyptians, and Amorites. For they have taken as wives some of their daughters for themselves and for their sons, so that the holy offspring have mixed themselves with the peoples of the lands. Indeed, the officials and chief men have been foremost in this wicked act and direct violation [of God's will]. When I heard this, I rent my undergarment and my mantle, I pulled hair from my head and beard and sat down appalled. Then all those who trembled at the words of the God of Israel because of the offensive violation of His will by the returned exiles gathered around me as I sat astounded until the evening sacrifice. At the evening sacrifice I arose from my depression, and, having rent my undergarment and my mantle, I fell on my knees and spread out my hands to the Lord my God, Saying, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift my face to You, my God, for our iniquities have risen higher than our heads and our guilt has mounted to the heavens.
Ezra 9:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment