Friday, February 15, 2013

Our Righteousness and Gods Action

Our righteousness is like filthy rags or polluted garments.  I remember years ago visiting a man who was riding a motorcycle down 501 in Myrtle Beach and was hit in front of our church.  I walked into the hospital room and ask if I could do anything and he ask me to retrieve some information from his pants pocket.  The pants he had worn and they had cut off him were hanging in the cabinet.  I opened the door and soon realized that upon impact of the accident he had lost bowel control.  The odor was unmistakable...and what a reminder of the best I have to offer God...filthy polluted rags.

Isaiah 64:6a ESV
We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment.

God never acts because of our righteousness (Duet. 9:4-5)  He acts because He is God and He determined to allow the righteousness of Christ to be applied to us, otherwise we would still be smelly old bowel infested pants hanging in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment